After-School programming offers invaluable skill-building, leadership, training, and enrichment opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else! Regardless of your college major, after-school counselor experiences allow you to learn and develop skills that will enhance your job marketability.
Job Title: Counselor
Success Profile: Adaptable, Responsible, Trustworthy, Team Player, Compassionate, Outgoing
Location: Tupelo, MS
Business: Church After School Association, Inc.
Date Posted: 07/12/2020
At Church After School Association, you can have the job opportunity of a lifetime! As an area leader in childcare, Church After School Association has consistently been recognized as a top performer in after school care for families. As a result, team members alike can stand out as they begin a new and exciting adventure. Additionally, we offer our team members unique opportunities to grow professionally and personally by providing ongoing training and development. For those looking to flourish, excel, and work for one of the most welcoming companies, we encourage you to take the next step in your future. Apply now!
Your ability to be flexible with your work schedule, job duties, and work locations will be essential as you start your new adventure with Church After School Association. As a Counselor, you will work by providing program activities support and to ensure all company objectives are successfully met.
Showcase your leadership, creativity and talent, by facilitating and presenting small scale activities. As an Counselor, you will also assist in set-up and clean-up duties at the conclusion of each program and/or activity. This includes, cleaning and sanitization of spaces as well. Passion, coupled with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude is a must for Counselors, as they work to provide an emotionally and physically safe environment for children.
• 3+ seasons (3 months each) of overnight and/or day camp experience
• Minimum of 2 seasons (3 months each) of overnight and/or day camp experience PLUS 1-year experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment in recreation, resort, day care, before/after school care setting with children
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment in recreation, resort, day care, before/after school care setting
• Must be at least 17+ years of age
• Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
• Must be able to command the attention of a large group of children. Must have experience working with a minimum of 25 children up to 200 children or more.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work Monday - Friday, 15 hours per week
• Be able to adhere to Church After School Association appearance guidelines
• Comply with all company set policies, procedures and regulations
• Schooling in recreation, education, or related field of study is preferred
• Acting experience preferred
All employees are required to undergo a criminal background check.
FBI Fingerprint Check ($5.00)